|copyright Christina Wald|
Now, here are some questions you can discuss with your friends!
(1) How was the Royal Alphabet created?
(2) Why did Wordsworth feel like laughing when the librarian read poetry from his book? What made Wordsworth stop laughing?
(3) What happens if you take a short poem that you like and write it without the letter C? Is it easy to do? Hard to do? Can you still read it?
(4) Why does Wordsworth think a dragon took the letter C?
(5) All through this book you will find names of people and places that are based on words that relate to the use of language, grammar, and so forth. Do you see any of those kinds of names in this chapter? What are they?